Saturday, December 8, 2007

Week 4, Exercise 8-9

Subscribe with Bloglines
RSS is simple and less time consuming. I have created my Bloglines account and added feeds from different sites. It was quick and easy. You just need to copy and paste in your account (Add button) the URL of the feeds you want. I also posted a 'Subscribe with Bloglines' button on my blog.
RSS is very useful. You could use it to get the latest headlines from CNN, Fox, etc. I like RSS feed and will use it on my office and home computer to keep me posted on the news of my interest. Feeds would be very useful for library customers who could log in and mark RSS for new books and other formats. They could also learn about news without making an effort to log in into particular nespaper sites. RSS could also be very helpful for librarians to read reviews for books from different web pages at the same time. I also explored the search tools for locating news feeds such as Feedster, Syndic8.com, Technorati and Topix.net. I like Topix.net most since this tools only locate news and media RSS feeds for information and not weblogs.

The link to my blogline account is:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/Delphi1

No comments: