Friday, December 14, 2007

Week 7, Exercises 16-17

I often use Wikipedia (open-source ancyclopedia)for information on different subjects. It is really useful tool for collaborative writing, pooling knowledge and exchanging ideas. I have looked through the vast amount of information on the different kinds of Wiki and I am really amazed that there are so many uses for them. You can develop a web site without having any knowledge of HTML or other makeup languages. All of wiki’s users are potentially its authors. For me the big disadvantage of Wiki that it lacks an editorial control (sometimes it can be subjective, influenced by opinion, etc.). Wiki can be very useful in libraries for interaction with customers, with staff and as a communication tool for a shared workspace.
I really enjoyed exploring PBWiki to find out how this collaborative tool can be used. I added my blog to the PBwiki Learning 2.0 wiki (Favourite Blogs page). I also added my favourite movie to the Favourite Movies page as follows:


Who is singing this beautiful song and who is dancing?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good work on PBWiki. It will be interesting to see how library users are integrated into the open-cource software movement.